Euthyphro: Top Ten Quotes
- "It is because I realize this that I am eager to become your pupil, my dear friend."
- "Bear in mind then that I did not bid you tell me one or two of the many pious actions but that form itself that makes all pious actions pious,"
- "nor is it being affected because it is something affected, but it is something affected because it is being affected,"
- "I'm afraid, Euthyphro, that when you were asked what piety is, you did not wish to make its nature clear to me, but you told me an affect or quality of it,"
- "As it is, the lover of inquiry must follow his beloved wherever it may lead him."
- "I prefer nothing, unless it is true."
- "If you had no clear knowledge of piety and impiety you would never have ventured to prosecute your old father for murder on behalf of a servant."
**these are the top quotes (all from Socrates), and really any additions would be more in favor of quantity than quality. So, I kept it at these.